It is possible to use your existing @gmail.com account to access/manage your LetsHost email in place of an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird. To set this up in Gmail, please see the below steps. If you do not know your current email password, please visit this link for instructions on how to reset it.
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Click the settings cog icon in the upper right and click 'See all settings'
- Open the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
There are two options here to enable POP connections:
- Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)
This will download all the emails in your LetsHost email account into your Gmail inbox (this option is not recommended if you had a forwarder previously configured as it will essentially duplicate the emails.)
2. Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
This will only download any new messages that are sent to your LetsHost address to your Gmail address.
Click 'Save Changes' at the bottom to confirm your selection.
Next, open the Accounts and Import tab
- In the 'Check email from other accounts' section, click 'Add an email account'
- Enter the full email address of the account you'd like to access, Then click Next
- Select 'Import emails from my other account (POP3)' and click Next
Enter the following details:
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Email address Password
- POP server: Server hostname (in the form 'LHxx.dnsireland.com', refer to 'hostname in welcome email')
- Port: 995
- Click on 'Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server'
- Click on 'Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail'
- Click Add Account and then tick Yes, I want to be able to send mail as your domain name
- Enter the same information as above
- Select the option for 'Secured connection using TLS'
- Click Add Account
You will be sent a verification code to your LetsHost email address. Copy and paste this into this form and click Verify. Your mail is now set up with Gmail.
Please note that Gmail will check for new emails at a set interval, which you (or LetsHost) cannot change. In some cases, it is possible that Gmail will not check for new emails for an hour or two at a time.
If you require further information/assistance on this, please Open a Ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.