It is possible to bulk-delete a large number of emails from your account. This feature may be useful if you wish to delete all emails older than a certain date, from a specific sender, with a specific subject, etc.
In order to bulk-delete emails from an email account, you will need to do this from your cPanel:
1. Log in to your LetsHost Client Area and click on Services > My Services
2. You will see your products/services listed here. Click on the green Active button beside your hosting package
3. On the left under Actions, click on the Login to cPanel button
4. Once logged in to cPanel, click on the Email Disk Usage icon under the Email section
5. From here you will have a drop-down which will let you choose the email account you want to delete the mail from
6. There will be a list of all of the email folders for the selected email account, click Manage next to the folder from which you want the email deleted
7. You will then be presented with another dropdown box from which you can choose from the following options:
- 1 year old or more - This will delete all mail, in the selected folder that is older than 1 year from "today's" date
- 30 MB in size or more - This will delete all mail, in the selected folder (from any time) that is larger than 30 MB in size
- Previously viewed - This will delete all mail, in the selected folder (from any time) that has been opened/viewed
- All messages - This will delete all the mail in the selected folder
The final option of 'Custom query' will allow you to create a custom command which can target more specific types of mail then the default options above.
The most populiar option however would be to "delete any mail that is older then a certain date" this would be done with the following command(s):
savedbefore 01-Jan-2019- This will delete all mail, in the selected folder, that is older than 1st of January 2019
savedbefore 31-12-2019- This will delete all mail, in the selected folder, that is older than 31st of December 2019
from email@example.com- This will delete all mail, in the selected folder, from a specified email address (change
firstname.lastname@example.org the acutal email address)
subject "EmailSubject"- This will delete all mail, in the selected folder, with a specified subject line (change
"EmailSubject"for the actual subject of the email, include the double quotes)
If you require further information/assistance on this, please Open a Ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.